Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: August 28th, 2023
1. The company
Eros+Psyche Travel (henceforth referred to as “Eros+Psyche Travel”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is a brand name owned and operated by the licensed Travel Agency GREEKING ME TRAVEL SERVICES PC with its head offices located at 35 Syngrou Avenue, Athens, Greece. Eros+Psyche Travel provides multi-day trips (“Trip’’, “Trips’’) with a minimum duration of 2 days to travelers visiting Greece. By reserving a place in any of these Trips, you (henceforth referred to as “Participant”, “you”, or “Participants”) shall have automatically accepted the terms mentioned herein, confirm that you have fully understood them and have agreed to all of them.
2. Trips sold by Eros+Psyche Travel
All the information and details of Trips sold by Eros+Psyche Travel are described on the website www.erosandpsyche.travel. Some of Eros+Psyche Travel Trips (advertised as ‘semi-private’ or ‘small-group’) may require a minimum number of participants in order to take place. This minimum number is clearly indicated in each Trip’s respective description on our Website. Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to cancel a Trip for any reason, including but not limited to, an insufficient number of participants.
3. Pricing and details
Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes, prices and departure times for any of its Trips without notice. However, reasonable effort will be made to maintain arrangements as advertised.
All prices provided are on a per person basis unless otherwise mentioned and include local taxes.
Prices do not include tips, personal expenses, cost of drinks, after meal coffee and tea, travel insurance & booking fees. If in doubt whether something is included in the price of the Trip, please inquire.
4. Requirements to participate in Eros+Psyche Travel Trips
- All Participants will be required to disclose, at the time of booking, or in any case prior to the commencement of the Trip, whether the Participant suffers from any medical condition which may prevent the Participant undertaking the Trip, including, but not limited to, epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, food allergy, dietary requirements or restrictions, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery. Given the nature of our Trips, we are not in the position to guarantee that all nutritional requirements will be met; however, we will make every effort to meet your needs.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that they participate in the Trip at their own risk.
- We do not include personal insurance with our Trips. Eros+Psyche Travel recommends that customers purchase individually their own travel insurance (or ask their travel agent). Eros+Psyche Travel will not be held liable for services provided by 3rd parties.
- All participants to a Trip must hold a valid ticket, voucher or confirmation letter. Entry may be refused if tickets or vouchers are damaged or defaced in any way or not purchased from an authorised reseller.
5. Eros+Psyche Travel’s ability to refuse participation
Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to refuse any person, for whatever reason, participation in the Trip, in its absolute discretion, whether or not they have previously made a payment for this Trip. A person will be reimbursed should they be refused permission to participate on grounds other than those set out above.
6. Accessibility and Safety – Participant guidelines
It should be noted that local conditions in Greece may differ from those that exist in the rest of Europe or the U.S.A.. The state and conditions of some streets may present accessibility difficulties. Access for persons with special needs is not guaranteed. Public areas may not be accessible to persons with special needs.
Participation in our Trips may require a minimum physical condition, such that you are in the position to walk uphill or climb stairs. Kindly inform us if you have a medical or physical limitation or are undergoing a medical treatment.
Eros+Psyche Travel will not be liable for the personal safety of participants, or for the safety of personal items, nor for unforeseen events and incidents that Eros+Psyche Travel cannot control, prevent or avoid, including (but not limited to) accidents, thefts and illnesses during the Trip. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety.
We advise you to check your insurance contract in order to determine whether you are covered and to clarify what your travel insurance covers in the case of trips abroad. For their own safety, all Participants must obey the directions and instructions of the Trip guide, must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Trip guide’s ability to conduct the Trip in a safe manner.
By joining a Eros+Psyche Travel Trip, each Participant is ensuring its own safety by agreeing to:
- Stay alert and aware of what’s going on around them at all times and avoid any immediate dangers which they believe pose a risk to them.
- Protect themselves from the Greek sun by using appropriate forms of sun protection, including but not limited to a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen during the summer months.
- Be adequately hydrated and nourished before, during and after the Trip, in accordance with their specific needs and requirements.
- Not be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance that may hinder their ability to observe these Guidelines.
- At all times to promptly comply with any directions issued by tour leaders. Eros+Psyche Travel responds to any given risk by relying on the cooperation of all of its Participants.
7. Insurance Policy & Personal Insurance
Generali Hellas certifies that “Eros+Psyche Travel” is insured against liability for Bodily Injuries or Material Damage to third parties, which may occur during daily organized activities (guided walking tours, food tours, cooking lessons & folk dance lessons) by the insured and which are caused by negligent acts or negligent omissions of the insured, according to the terms and conditions of our policy No 1200938. Personal insurance is not included. It is your responsibility to take out appropriate travel insurance. Although Eros+Psyche Travel and its representatives will always strive to ensure safe and enjoyable completion of its Trips they cannot be held responsible for the personal safety of participants. Each participant shall be fully responsible for his/her personal health, medical needs and safety. Please take into consideration any separate terms and conditions of each of our experiences, before booking.
8. Photographs taken during the Trips
- All Participants acknowledge and agree that Eros+Psyche Travel is expressly authorised to take photographs of them during the Trips and utilise such photographs for the purpose of advertising Eros+Psyche Travel including but not limited to being displayed on Eros+Psyche Travel website.
- Photographs remain copyright to Eros+Psyche Travel and may only be used or reproduced by Participants for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services, without Eros+Psyche Travel’s written permission.
Participants should adhere to the starting time and meeting point of the Trip as indicated on their voucher. If a Participant is late, Eros+Psyche Travel will consider this as a no-show, his participation to the Trip will be cancelled and no refund will be provided.
10. Terms and Booking terms/conditions
For the purposes of this document reference to “you”, “Participant” or “your” includes all guests in the party. Eros+Psyche Travel is the ‘Operator’ or ‘Company’. Your agreement is with the Company and a contract is formed when you make a reservation with us that we accept. Enrollment in and payment for a trip shall constitute acceptance by the guest of the terms and conditions in this document. These cannot be varied except in writing by an officer of the Company. Eros+Psyche Travel reserves the right to change these booking conditions at any time prior to you making a booking.
Security: Events around the world, coupled with the “Travel Advisories” put out by various governments, may at times necessitate changes to the accommodations and itinerary or even trip cancellation. You must accept these risks involved in travel to any country that may experience security difficulties and accept responsibility for your own travel decisions.
Travel Insurance: In today’s changing travel environment, it’s important to help protect your travel investment so you can relax and enjoy your trip. Unforeseen events such as flight delays, baggage loss or even a sudden sickness or injury could impact your travel plans. We strongly recommend that you purchase a travel protection plan (travel insurance) that includes trip cancellation coverage to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected.
The Operator cannot be held responsible for your failure to obtain insurance which is appropriate, and we recommend you purchase your insurance at or soon after booking your trip. The Operator will not be held liable for any costs incurred by the guest resulting from their failure to obtain adequate travel insurance. The Operator is not responsible or liable for loss, damage or theft of luggage or personal belongings, illness, disappointments or frustrations while on tour, nor is the Operator responsible for any type of trip interruption due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances To avoid charges for cancellation due to covered reasons, we highly recommend the purchase of comprehensive trip insurance.
The company bears no responsibility for any loss or damage to customers’ personal belongings during the trip. Any expenses arising from medical care or treatment during the trip are the traveler’s responsibility.
All matters arising are subject to the laws of the Hellenic Republic without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Force Majeure: Force Majeure Event means any event or circumstance beyond the control of the Operator, including but not limited to: (a) an act of God (such as earthquake, flood, fire, explosion, landslide, lightning, action of the elements, force of nature, washout, typhoon, hurricane, cyclone, tsunami, storm or storm warning or natural disaster); (b) industrial disputes, work ban or other labour dispute or difficulty; (c) acts of terrorism, political unrest, war or threat of war, riots or civil strife; (d) failure or delays to scheduled transportation and the closure of airports or ports; (e) pandemic, epidemic or health risk; (f) governmental and administrative actions (including closure of borders and travel warnings and restrictions).
Payment Conditions & Cancelation policy
In order to book a multi-day trip with Eros+Psyche Travel, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of confirmation. Final balance is due 60 days prior to arrival. Based on the trip cost & the travel dates, your travel expert will recommend the appropriate number of installments, usually being up to 3 or 4.
Eros+Psyche Travel allows for the eventuality that a Participant may need to change or cancel an agreed multi-day itinerary. Travel arrangements for any member of the party may be cancelled at any time by written notice by the person who made the booking. If Participants must cancel a reservation for a Trip, the following cancellation policy applies.
Cancellations are subject to the following penalties of the full trip price:
a. 30% (deposit)* due at the time of confirmation
b. 60-46 days prior to arrival: 50% penalty
c. 45-31 days prior to arrival: 75% penalty
d. 30 days or less prior to arrival: 100% penalty
*Deposit is non-refundable in cash and the Participant will receive a credit voucher equal to the amount of the deposit. This can be used for their next trip booking with the Operator, valid for 24 months. The total cost of the new trip may be different than the one that the Participant had originally booked. After the end of 24 months, the travel voucher cannot be used and the deposit is non-refundable.
Upon successful completion of payment, Participant will receive confirmation via email. This email must be saved as proof of purchase. The Participant will receive the final document with all trip details (‘Voucher’) up to one week prior to the travel date (usually much earlier than that).
When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept, and do accept these conditions on your behalf and on behalf of all members of your party and, further, if you are making a booking for more than one person, that you are responsible for all payments due from each and every party member for whom you are making a booking. Any information which we give to you shall be deemed as given to each and every party member for whom you are making or have made a booking.
Travel Vouchers: Travel vouchers can be used for rescheduling a trip (arranging the same or similar itinerary in new travel dates and confirming with our travel specialists). After using a travel voucher for rescheduling (instead of getting a refund), the value of the voucher is non refundable in cash anymore.
Cancellation by the Operator: The Operator reserves the right, to modify or cancel any trip, accommodation, in-destination activity or arrangement, (definite or not), at any time.
Name Changes: The Operator does not charge for name corrections. However, where third party costs are incurred, these will be passed on to the guest. Not all airlines allow name changes or name corrections, and a new airfare may need to be purchased which will be passed onto the guest.
Other Booking Changes: The Provider does not charge for minor booking changes however where third party costs are incurred these will be passed on to the guest. Costs and charges may increase closer to the departure date that changes are made. We will try to make your requested change, but it may on occasion not be possible.
A change of trip date or itinerary after final payment is due will be treated as a cancellation. And cancellation fees will apply.
Inclusions and Exclusions of your trip: All the inclusions and exclusions of your private trip are mentioned in detail in the trip presentation brochure (or the voucher) you received. Our trips do not include international airfare and personal expenses, meals and beverages that are not mentioned.
Accommodation: Special room requests (adjacent, connecting or lowerfloor rooms, as examples) must be made at time of booking. Special room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability at time of check-in.
Many hotels, lodges and luxury tented camps are 100% smoke-free, including all guest rooms, restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms and public spaces. Smoking in a non-smoking room or area will result in a fine. Hotel Frequent Traveller program points are not earned with hotels on Greeking.me trips.
Substitute accommodation may be used sometimes. We try to use those of similar standard. Eros+Psyche Travel shall not be responsible or liable for any claims or issues arising out of incidents happening due to hotel’s facilities. Participants approve and accept the accommodation choices (hotels and particular rooms) as these are shown in the trip presentation brochure and voucher.
Trip Prices: Prices are in Euros and all invoices that the Participants will receive will be in Euros. The Operator shall receive the total payment in Euros and any additional expenses that may be incurred by the Participant’s bank or credit card processing company due to the exchange rate or other fees, must be covered by the Participant.
Special Requests: Any dietary requests, special meal requirements including allergies or any other special request, must be provided at the time of booking and are received on a request basis only. The Operator cannot assure that special meal requests will be fulfilled and does not assume responsibility or liability if requests are not fulfilled.
Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, this is not confirmation that the request will be met. All requests are subject to availability. It is also your responsibility to double check and reconfirm any requirements with all holiday suppliers.
Behaviour: The Operator is here to provide the best services possible but in doing so we will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behaviour from our guests. We will refuse to deal with and may terminate the holiday of guests who assault our staff, suppliers or fellow guests or who are abusive or aggressive to them and are generally affecting the enjoyment of others with their behaviour and you may be barred from future trips with the Operator. This may include (but is not limited to):
(a) verbally abusive or offensive language towards anyone;
(b) bullying behaviour;
(c) inappropriate or abusive behaviour including uninvited physical contact, harassment, violence or threat of violence;
(d) excessive consumption of alcohol or intoxication;
(e) the possession, carriage or use of restricted substances or drugs (except for medical purposes approved by your doctor);
(f) failure to comply with the Operator’s (including a representative’s) reasonable direction;
(g) the possession, carriage or use of dangerous items (such as weapons);
(h) breaking the law of the Country in which you are travelling; and
(i) any behaviour or conduct which brings the Operator into disrepute or damages its goodwill.
When you make a booking for a Trip, you accept responsibility for the proper conduct of all members of your party during your travels with the Operator. We reserve the right at any time and at our discretion to terminate the travel arrangements and/or cease to deal with any party member(s) whose behaviour, in the reasonable opinion of us or our suppliers, may cause danger, upset, disruption or distress to anyone else or damage to property.
Full cancellation charges will apply and no refund will be made. We shall have no obligation to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses (including but not limited to alternative accommodation and return transportation arrangements) guest may incur as a result of the travel arrangements being terminated.
Errors and Omissions: In the case of computer or human billing errors, we reserve the right to re-invoice guests with correct billing. Every effort is made to accuracy of our trip presentations and travel vouchers; however, the Operator cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
Amendments of a booked itinerary: Due to the fact that all Trips sold via Eros+Psyche Travel are tailor-made, availability issues may occur for hotels in popular locations or experiences. Our travel specialists always check the prices and availability of all hotels & experiences that are included in the tailor-made itinerary the Participant received, but they cannot guarantee that these will be valid at the time we receive the Pariticipants’ deposit. No bookings and reservations can be made on behalf of the Participant without receiving a deposit. After receiving the deposit, and in case some of the hotels and services are no longer available, we will look for suitable alternatives and discuss them with the Participant.
All matters arising are subject to the laws of the Hellenic Republic without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any issues not covered by the above participation terms will be resolved in good faith. The contract between the company and the participant is governed by Greek law. The Company and the traveler commit to resolving any differences that may arise in good faith and understanding. In case of failure, the parties may appeal to the Friendly Dispute Resolution Committee of the Hellenic Association of Travel & Tourist Agencies(HATTA) and request its mediation. If friendly dispute resolution proves impossible, the courts of Athens shall have jurisdiction.
11. Participant Release of Liability
- Participant desires to participate in the Trips offered by Eros+Psyche Travel.
- Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activities related to or in connection with the Trips.
- Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Trips including, without limitation, exposure to unfavourable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries (e.g. without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians, bicyclists and the like) and death.
- Participant’s participation in the Trips is at Participant’s own sole risk. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, hereby forever and unconditionally releases Eros+Psyche Travel, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, “released parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Trips, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to Participant, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the company or any of the release parties. Participant’s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participant’s own conduct, behavior or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of his/herself and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the released parties, and to hold the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Trips.
- Participant agrees to pay any all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Eros+Psyche Travel harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
- This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the Released Parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understand relating to the subject matter hereof. There are not representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
- None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Release Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for the same or similar acts at any subsequent time.